Today is my sister’s birthday (happy birthday, Rachael). But that also means it is my half-birthday, since I was born on September 27th, as I proudly announced to the kids in church this morning (I made them sing “Happy Half-Birthday” to me). They forgot the cake.
This has been a wonderful day for many reasons – and I am so thankful to the Lord for his grace and goodness in so many things:
1. We had a joyful time of worship at church this morning.
2. My family and I got to be a part of a lunch with great friends and colleagues.
3. Our hometown VCU Rams made it to the Final Four for the first time in history.
4. Our small group Bible Study met in the evening and our discussion and prayer time was very invigorating (we’re studying the life of David in the Old Testament).
5. I came home to the news that the Kentucky Wildcats (our previous hometown team when we lived in KY) ALSO made it to the Final Four (for the 14th time in history)
6. I have the most beautiful wife and daughter in the world, a vocation that I love, and a roof over our heads.
Thank you Jesus for your grace and goodness.