Sarah and I celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary today. When we were engaged, we somehow came up with a joke that we would be married for 60 years before one of us died. But when you do the math, that leaves us dead at 82 or 83 and I’d like to live at least 20 years past that. So I’m going to declare at least 80 years of marriage total, which means we’re only about 9% into our total marriage.
Because I love her. And while it has plenty of challenges and struggles, it does get better as the years go by. Here’s why I love her:
- She’s beautiful. I’ve always loved her smile, her hair, her eyes, everything.
- She’s fun. She and I find joy in a lot of the same kinds of things, which makes life fun!
- She works hard. Ever since I met Sarah, I’ve been blown away by her diligence and work ethic – something that has really paid off since marrying her 🙂
- She cares. She cares about me, about Kezzie, about all her relationships around her. Relationships are very important to her. And I am the beneficiary of being her most important human relationship.
- She’s a great Mom. Speaking of Kezzie, Sarah loves Kezzie so much and I love watching her be the best Mom in the world.
- She loves God and always wants more of Him. Sarah has a keen sense of faith and seeing the world through the lens of “how does this matter eternally?”
- She supports me. Let’s face it: I’m a professional juggler with a sporadic traveling schedule. How many women in the world would want that kind of hubby? I love her because she supports me in chasing my crazy dreams in life.
- She’s in it for the long haul. Sarah is committed for the marathon of marriage, which makes marriage well worth it.
- She forgives. Someone told us early on in marriage to be very forgiving to one another and not keep a record of wrongs. She has heeded that advice and I am forever grateful to her for that.